Thursday, October 8, 2020

Child Custody Attorneys Tampa, Parental Relocation Cases, Florida


Child Custody Attorneys, Tampa, FL

Representing Clients who need a Family Law Attorney in  Hillsborough, Pasco & Pinellas County

Relocating with a minor child can occur after a Final Judgment of Divorce has been entered or when a Final Judgment of Paternity has been signed by a family judge. When one party desires to relocate with the minor child or children in excess of 50 miles from their residence that was listed on the Final Divorce or Paternity Judgment in excess of the 50 mile radius, you must be granted permission by the courts before you relocate the child or children you share time with.  Doing so without permission can result in sanctions from the courts and it is highly recommended that you seek a Tampa child custody attorney to represent you in any parental relocation case or custody matter. 

How to File a Petition to Relocate with a Minor Child in Hillsborough County, FL

The parent seeking to relocate with the minor child in excess of 50 miles or outside the State of Florida, can do so by either obtaining the other parent’s written consent, which is put in the form of an agreement, or by obtaining prior court approval following a contested hearing. It is common for the other parent to object to the relocation as it can interfere with timesharing and the current parenting plan. If however, you are able to reach an agreement without going to court, it is still wise to seek the assistance of an experienced Child custody attorney in Tampa Bay. 

There are several things that should be addressed in any parental relocation agreement but here are examples of what should be included:

1. Include how the parties will consent to the relocation
2. Timesharing/Visitation and Custody schedule for the non relocating parent
3. Transportation details and arrangements related to access or time-sharing

When Parents Cannot Agree on the Relocation of their Minor Children out of Tampa Bay, FL

Under Florida law, unless there is an agreement between the parents allowing the relocation, the parent seeking to relocate must file a petition to relocate with a minor child and serve it upon the other parent .

Child relocation cases can be very challenging and hiring a parental relocation attorney is highly beneficial. Winning a parental relocation case if you are seeking to relocate for a job opportunity or for other reasons, must prove that it is in the very best interest of the children. It will be up to you and your attorney to show the courts why it is in the best interests of the children. The courts generally do not wish to interrupt timesharing with either parent. Having said this, there are several ways to reach your desired goals, based on the specifics of your situation. 

How to Stop the Relocation of a Minor Child out of Tampa Bay

If you have established a sound relationship with your child and the other parent wishes to relocate your child against your wishes, you should seek the legal counsel of a seasoned Tampa Bay Child Custody Lawyer. It is unwise to assume that a Judge will not permit a relocation, even if you have done all of the right things. Nilo J Sanchez & Associates specializes in parental relocation cases and understands how emotional they can be. In any child custody matter, it is highly beneficial to hire the best family law litigation attorney to represent you. Mr. Sanchez has the experience you need in high conflict or challenging family law matters. Highly respected by peers and top-rated by clients, Attorney Sanchez has extensive knowledge in Florida child custody cases. If you need to consult with a Tampa Bay child custody litigation attorney, we're currently representing clients in Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough County, Florida. 

For more information or to schedule a consultation with a Tampa family law attorney, call 813-879-4600 or visit our website

Tampa child custody attorneys Nilo J Sanchez

Learn More About Child Custody & Relocation: Tampa Family Law News

No comments: